Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:08:14 +0200

> Sure, but it won't take any longer than exporting with normalize
> checked... If not, then I'm clearly missing something. =) The idea was
> that one at least has the possibility to normalize the entire song even
> without exporting. And that would also give the user a clue of how much
> off the main gain is (by looking at the resulting song gain after
> normalization).

Yeah, I see now, makes sense. Hmmm, Song normalize....
Needs some thinking, I think the same logic, including the progress dialog
should be used since in many cases, it will take some time...

About your normalization problems, I'll try again to reproduce, but it seems
to work fine here.
A normalized clip does play it's highest values at 0 dB in the VU-Meter....