Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:48:43 +0200

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> Remon wrote:
>>> I've also explained the normalize-at-export
>>> feature some more. (when exporting, first scan the audio to get the
>>> normalize factor, then apply this factor when exporting so that the
>>> resulting file is normalized).
>> cvs update
>> ./cleancompile
>>
>> Please test!
>
> Impressing, that was fast! Very nice, seems to work perfectly!

Hmm, just found one thing:
1) I tested with a song with a single clip, which I lowered the gain on,
then exported with normalize checked. This resulted in a fully
normalized file, as it should.
2) Then I exported it without the normalize checkbox, it resulted in a
file with very low gain (perhaps too low, I thought).
3) I then tried to normalize the clip (in the songview) and export it
without the normalize checkbox. This should result in the same file as
the first one (fully normalized) but it didn't, it resulted in a file
with very low gain (but not as low as the second test above).

BTW, perhaps one should instead have a "normalize song" action, which
changes the Song Gain according to the same principles as the
normalize-at-export feature above? Then the checkbox at the export
dialog would simply execute this action before export...

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]