Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:22:27 +0200

> > Basic support is now in cvs, if you can get cvs compiled you can have a
> > look at it.
>
> Ok! I'll try it out as soon as I'm back home at my real machine.

OK, note that the project file version changed since the last release, so
project from 0.41.0 will not load (cvs now asks to restore from a backup
which it shouldn't, I'll take care of that soon :) ) until I've written a
project file converter.

> So, Master Out is the same as Playback 1 except it goes through the
> Sheet gain? In that case, I think you should skip Master Out and have
> only Playback 1,2,3,etc and either put one sheet gain controller for
> each bus, and/or apply the single Sheet Gain to all busses.

No entirely, Master Out is a dedicated Bus used to mixdown all the Tracks. The
Playback X buses are the 'real' buses, in case no real hardware bus could be
found, Master Out will be used as fallback.
It's also used as the render Bus for the Sheet....

Although Master Out now always sends its audio to Playback 1, it's not
mandatory, and it could send it to any Playback X bus (if that makes sense of
course)
But I'd like to wait with that until I've found a reasonable way to implement
routing support !

Sleep well,