vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Service Manager free-style

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Service Manager free-style
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 April 2002 01:15, Eric Altendorf wrote:
>
> If these 'servers' are booted from /etc/init.d then
> so be it.  If you want
> to have them started by xinitd, then that's up to
> you - though that's going
> to be terrible performance wise.

Thinking about this in more detail, we may need to
look at a staged inet function.  The host machine will
have it's own inet for its native functions.  When an
LDS is alive, some of the inet services will need to
be routed to the LDS, and others are passed to host
machine's own services.  At the LDS, it would need to
be further routed as descibed by Chris.  Is this what
you ment by Layerd, Eric?

> Good point.  We've touched on this with the LDS
> level (I/II/III) stuff but
> not as specifically tuned.  The VRS would be a MUCH
> better product if we did
> build this configuration in.

In the Cluster Image section of the docs, I have
started a structure of the cluster data tree.  Under
Cluster Status->Configuration is the Load Balance
Matrix.  This needs to be expanded, and can include
info about each LDS's services if they are not going
to be identical.

> Bill - Network support has arrived !  SIMPLE Domains
> are coming this week I
> hope.  Keep you posted.

Great!