vrs-development

Fwd: Re: [Vrs-development] vrs momentum

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Vrs-development] vrs momentum
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:07:47 +0100

On Monday 22 July 2002 16:49, you wrote:
> On Monday 22 July 2002 02:47, Chris Smith wrote:
> > For the RM to start farming data fragments out among LDS's in the
> > cluster, the CM must work (or at least appear to through the API))
> > etc.......
> >
> > How does this sound as a starting point?  We need diagrams.
>
> I agree that the CM is a good place to start.
>
> > Do we have a common set of modeling skills on this list????
>
> I do know UML and I've been familiar with various other types of
> diagramming.  I think that probably whatever one person feels is the
> most appropriate diagramming system for communicating what s/he wants
> to communicate will be understandable by the others.  But I don't
> really know...

Well I don't mind convercing in UML if one felt they needed to express a
'Thing' in that particular style..... :o)

I'd like to see component diagrams though.  Boxes with arrows.
We'll be able to see where messages go and the data exchanged.
And if we're really lucky, these little boxes should end up being individual
middleware services with defined interfaces that can be put in the
'free-for-anyone-to-code' list.
Progress is therefore ensured.... [when you wish upon a star......]

:o)

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.