websec-users

[Websec-users] Version 1.5.0 released

From: Baruch Even
Subject: [Websec-users] Version 1.5.0 released
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 19:34:56 +0300

Hi,

I'd like to announce that I've released version 1.5.0 after a long time
of inactivity.

You can find the new release at: http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=websec

I've fixed as many bug-reports/feature-requests as I could, if you have
any others that are still unanswered just let me know (or open a bug on
Savannah). I've gone over the bugs in Debian and Savannah and handled
most of them.

From the README:

* Added UserAgent option to control the user agent sent by the web client. This
  enables access to websites which lockdown unknown browsers.

* Enabled the user to run websec from the current directory without the
  multi-user ~/.websec/ setup, the multi-user setup is the default unless you
  run websec from a directory with the url.list file.

* Allow using environment variables in config file, this enables things like:
  Email = address@hidden

* Moved the manpages to pod and into the files, this enables fancy options such
  as -help and -man to work and reduces duplication of effort.

I've attempted to enable old users to upgrade and use it as if the multi-user
changes never occurred, and still provide multi-user setups the ability to work
correctly.

TODO:

* Provide features for dial-up users to allow them to set timings to query
  sites.
* Handle dates in the subject lines (no date or other date format).
* Bug 2913, regarding   issues, but patch is missing, investigate.

I'd appreciate feedback regarding this release!

/Baruch