websec-users

Re: [Websec-users] Version 1.5.0 released

From: Trevor Boicey
Subject: Re: [Websec-users] Version 1.5.0 released
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 02:26:12 -0400

Trevor Boicey wrote:
(Although I do notice that the HTML comes out "TD BGCOLOR==Yellow", is there something I don't know that makes that double-equals important instead of the more standard single?)

  Playing with the parameters, this does indeed break mozilla mail.

I was using #e0e0ff which is a very pale blue. However, this version of websec produces "TD BGCOLOR==#e0e0ff" which comes out as a generic dark blue.

  Replacing that with "TD BGCOLOR=#e0e0ff" produces the desired results.

What's causing that ==? I had a cursory look at the source code. The bug seems to be on line 230 of the websec script. It's the third line of a compound line that starts with:

    "--hicolor =$hicolor --ignore=$ignore --ignoreurl=$ignoreurl...

  ...that should probably read:

    "--hicolor=$hicolor --ignore=$ignore --ignoreurl=$ignoreurl...

...which caused the = to actually get passed as part of the variable. With that done, the colours work as expected.

  Another sort-of-bug has emerged though, which is kind of annoying.

If you run websec from "anywhere", it will put the archive in ~/.websec. But if you run websec from it's directory using the new "local url.list" feature, it'll put the archive in the current directory.

  This has caused me some confusion, because my cron runs:

~/websec/websec ~/websec/more_than_once_a_day.list >/dev/null

...which causes it to use ~/.websec/archive. But if I cd into that directory, noodle around with my url.list, and type ./websec, it puts a whole new archive in that directory.

Perhaps the archive should be in the url.list as a parameter? Or perhaps ~/.websec should be the default unless --base is specified?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, address@hidden