xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Packaging xnee for debian

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Packaging xnee for debian
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 17:42:18 +0200

tor 2008-05-08 klockan 17:36 +0200 skrev Jeremiah C. Foster:
> > Previous problems
> > ==========================
> >
> > 1. pictures generated from dia in Makefile
> >
> >    Now all pics are included prebuilt in dist file
> >
> > 2. man page generated from cnee in Makefile
> >
> >    Now all manual pages are included prebuilt in dist file
> >
> > 3. lots of gtk deps in
> >
> >    Split xnee into different packages
> >

> > Packages
> > ===========================
> >
> > I think it would be to start off with one package;
> >
> >   cnee - containing command line verison + manual
>
> This requires parts of Xnee, no?

Xnee consists of
 cnee -command line
 libxnee - the lib containing most of the functionality
 gnee - a gtk gui
 pnee - a gnome panel applet
 and some manuals...

cnee depends on libxnee
cnee built statically (no shared libs)

> > and then another package;
> >
> >   xnee - cnee, gnee, pnee + all docs
> >
> > and later on the devel package:
> >
> >   xnee-dev
> >

> I too think this is the right way to go. But as I mentioned in a
> separate email, which I should have sent to this list, I think that
> getting any package to build is a good start.

and building a deb containing cnee only (with libxnee statically built
intop it) is the asiest..... and that was not a question ;)