Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game programming contest
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:45:33 +0100

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:38:37 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> The French Ministry of Research organizes a Free (as in free speech)
> game programming contest for the Internet Party that will take place
> from March 17th to 23th in Paris.

[...]

> Sounds cool, eh? ^_^

Really cool! If we could participate, I'd be there :).

> So! Shall I record the project? Would you come? C'mon, you can skip
> school for a few days, and your trip will be paid back by all the cool
> prizes we'll win! :) And maybe it's an opportunity to get funds to
> organize another, larger meeting with ZT, Andrew... everyone!

Well, with some money we might to be able to make that Adonthell work
camp we talked about last time actually happen. Imagine the progress we
could make if we met for a week or a fortnight!

Even if we'd win nothing, being in Paris and meeting each other would be
really great. As I said, I'd be there!

> PS: there might be a problem: it look like they forbid projects that
> started before January 2003 to participate. Since the dealine for
> submission is March, it's really stupid unless considering all the
> judging lines (graphics, music, network, plot, etc!). How can one make
> such a game in free months during his spare time? I've told them about
> this issue and asked how could Adonthell participate anyway. I'll keep
> you informed, but logic would require they cancel this clause.

Oops. That's quite a showstopper, isn't it? Uh, logic? Guess you'll have
to send Mr. Spock then :P. Let's hope they cancel it (although it would
be a bit unfair towards those people that actually started in January
03).