Re: [Adonthell-general] Inventory with the dialogue system?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Inventory with the dialogue system?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:22:08 +0100

> Even if they do not cancel the clause there might still be a way
> around it. We could just start a totally new Waste's Edge Special
> Edition (a new project) that uses some existing code from Waste's Edge
> (we might even call the existing code an outside library...). I know
> this is not totally clean, but then there won't be any lawer's around
> to check on the projects. Anyway, if we add enough to the existing
> code they might accept our entry one way or the other... And it is
> definately a motivator. :)

I thought about this as well - after all, they allow using material that
you have the right to use, and also using libraries. We can just  turn
Adonthell into a library, and voila! ;) And with the art we already
have, we can make another game.

Problem is, 0.3 is very static and we don't have any proper tool,
excepted the dialog editor. So I think it'd even be easier to convince
them to change that clause. After all, it's easy to walk on it by doing
tricks like turning your engine into a library, and so on.

Let's just see how it turns out. Anyway, I don't think they'll have good
prods (or at least prods that worth the 10 000 E!) if they are so
restrictive. I don't see how the event could be a success in these
conditions...

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org