Re: [Adonthell-general] Spring/Winter meeting

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Spring/Winter meeting
Date: 02 Mar 2003 19:12:28 +0100

> If we can't agree on a real meeting, we could have a  virtual meeting
> instead (we could ahve chats every day, all work on some stuff ect.)

Well, yesterday we were supposed to have an IRC meeting :) Let's do it
next weekend. Apart from that, Jol, James and I are using Jabber as an
instant messenging system. It's just a great system and it allows you to
keep your contacts you can have from other IMs (ICQ, AIM, MSN, etc.).
It'd be nice if we all could use it. These days Jol and I are online all
day. If you want more info about jabber and links to a client for your
platform, check out http://www.jabber.org. This will allow us to keep
more in touch (and to kick each other's asses when we are not active
enough).

Our IDs:
me: address@hidden
jol: address@hidden
james: address@hidden

If you want to create a new account, amessage.de or jabber.org.uk seems
to be a good choice. If you want to set up a Jabber account and have
problems doing so, don't hesitate to contact me privately.

>  Or just some of us
> could get together (people who do not relly have long ways to each
> other).

Well, I see Jol almost everyday :) No doubt when we'll work on the same
code, this will help a lot. Of course, the more we can see in real life,
the better it is. Would it only be for the pleasure to see you guys! ;)

>  BTW if I want to start programming a combat system (you are already
> doing the
> inventory right) should I use python? Are there any good websites
> giving a tutorial on how to write your own python stuff?

Learning Python is definitely worth, yes. There will be more Python code
than we expected at first, and the Python related work won't be too hard
(thank to the simplicity of Python itself). http://www.python.org
contains a nice tutorial to start. Then, the next step is to explore
things by yourself. The language is so simple that you can nearly
completely learn it by practising (at least, that's how I've done)

> Ps: I just started translating 0.3 into German.

Das ist güt! ^_^

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org