Re: [Adonthell-general] Spring/Winter meeting

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Spring/Winter meeting
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:03:37 +0100

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:12:28 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> If you want to create a new account, amessage.de or jabber.org.uk
> seems to be a good choice. If you want to set up a Jabber account and
> have problems doing so, don't hesitate to contact me privately.

Okay, I'll give it a try. But don't expect to see me there very often.
IMs are not that cool if you're paying per minute :(.

> Well, I see Jol almost everyday :) No doubt when we'll work on the
> same code, this will help a lot. Of course, the more we can see in
> real life, the better it is. Would it only be for the pleasure to see
> you guys! ;)

Yeah. Well maybe we three germans can meet somewhere for a few days too.
Could discuss the game rules for example. Especially how to implement
them. I could also give you an intro to Python, Nils. Although, as Alex
said, it's not hard to learn. And the tutorial is great:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

> >  BTW if I want to start programming a combat system (you are already
> > doing the inventory right) should I use python?

Yes, it would have to be done in Python. If you like, we could discuss
that on the devel list. As the combat system would rely heavily on the
character implementation (for getting info about equipment and stats),
those two things should be designed together. That's why I'd also like
to get my hands on the new rules doc ASAP.