Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 01:22:26 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, BCA @ Free-Artists wrote:

How about to mature FluidSynths sf2 performance before implementing a new format?

To be frank, it seems to me like flogging a dead horse. I don't know a single professional musician who gives a rodent's hindquarters about soundfonts anymore and, personally, I think they're a royal PITA.

That aside, I don't see the two goals as mutually antagonistic. Quite the reverse, in fact.