Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:38:27 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Peter Billam wrote:

perhaps it would be better to supply a simple CLI SFZ-to-SF2 converter.

Yes :-)  agreed.   Though it depends what you mean by 'simple',

Not requiring Qt would be a start...

because the data-fields provided by one format do not necessarily map one-to-one to those in the other.

Yeah, I think at the very least some parameter scaling might be called for. I've been playing with linuxsampler, and one of the first things I noticed is that the SF2 engine complains incessantly about out-of-bounds values.

Right now, I'm trying to slog through the old Creative specifications. It's not an easy read. I'm looking at your perl module and, I must say, I *really* appreciate the html transcription (I can make it into an epub and read it on something that doesn't make my eyes hurt).

Interestingly, and perhaps ironically, I believe the Jeux14 soundfount included with the module is the one that doesn't work with fluidsynth (it needs Jeux14rev). :)