Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: Garth Hjelte
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 00:10:30 -0800

At 06:27 PM 2/9/2015, you wrote:

>Garth, Why not just use LinuxSampler if you want to use SFZ?

I use FS programmatically whereas LS seems to be only a standalone, I may be
wrong.

Also, my comments here focused more on SFZ being an input-type of format, not
really a instrument-representation format. I respect David's comments but this
is where I disagree. SFZ doesn't have to be thought of as a "here's my
instrument" full-programmed tool. It's often thought of as a mapping tool just
as much, as far as my public experience shows me. So I thought that if anything
would be including in the FS core set, it would be just a simple
reading/parsing of a SFZ file funnelling into the SoundFont format where FS
would play it.

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User