Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 22:20:24 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015, David Henningsson wrote:

Sure, we could "just transfer it in", but then again, the results would be slightly wrong. Just as an example, sfz seems to have a three band EQ built into every voice [1], which SF2 voices do not. This is stuff we would have to add into the playback engine.

That could be anything from trivial (using libsox) to incredibly difficult (starting from scratch). Either way, it's not the time to worry about it.

Actually, an (optional) libsox dependency would bring an awful lot of additional functionality to fluidsynth anyway.

[1] Source: http://sfzformat.com/

Thanks. Google seems to have let me down this time (that's happening a lot lately where technical information is concerned).