gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:32:50 +0200

> No, it's rather not a good idea - the devel list will be flooded

Accepted.

(is it really so much ? oioioi...)

> Moreover users reporting the problems won't aware that gcmd devel list will
> have
> some conversation on their bugs.

I need to clarify myself. claws-users bugzilla postings contain the URL on top.
Of course, any diskussion will take place via that URL / bugzilla (appearing in
the mailing list again). The benefit is just to get aware of the whole thing -
their developers don't need to track bugzilla if they read the list (and they
really do ;) which would apply to advanced users too.
Well, ok, probably there's a great difference in the projects, that is, in the
'mean collateral damage load' (MCDL) ...

Number of developers per open bug :]

Ideally, it's > 0.5 (but never can reach 1 as quantum physicians recently
showed while investigating the 'dark matter')

There is a weighted version, too. Well it leads too far no.

> > ps:  They don't see a need to divide into -users and -devel. There's only
> > -users, and -translators. I wonder if we should not follow this example,
> > too.
>
> There is a point here... Generally I use -users LIST for announcements only

Well, we would all subscribe to users so still get the announcements.
I guess claws coders have additional channels but these are not public.
After all it's probably a matter of style.