gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 03:10:17 +0200

About svn 1219 (you're fast, Piotr !)

>     * building problem with gcc-4.2

Still holds.

"gnome-cmd-tags.cc: In member function ‘void
GnomeCmdFileMetadata::addf(GnomeCmdTag, const gchar*, ...)’:

gnome-cmd-tags.cc:88: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer
expression"

Although gcc-4.1 is default compiler for i386, gcc-4.2 is default compiler for
debian on amd64 now. So we should try to fix it...

I don't pretend i know any C. But
<http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread568121.html> explains it quite simple.
Maybe buff.size() becomes unsigned when it gets out of range ?
Or perhaps the check in line 88 can be done differently (calling for the next
error stop...)
And if nothing else helps, then perhaps
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2004-05/msg00047.html>

>     * executing cmdline with SHIFT+ENTER -> "There was an error creating
> the child process for this terminal."

I can't reproduce this with gcmd (as reported) but with this command from an
open terminal:

 gnome-terminal -x read a

Anything else works, like terminal applications or 'sleep 2'.
Perhaps it has to do with reading input from keyboard ?

>     * wrong dir for document created with SHIFT+F4

Now seems to work correctly ! Confirmations ?

>     345314    when you rename a file cursor will not stay on file

Seems to be fixed in 1219. ...brownies at work ???

>     350185    error message when pressing F1

Did i mention that installing 'yelp' did fix it ? No ? Oops :)
The problem is that 'yelp' doesn't sound like a gnome thing. But actually it is
the gnome help browser.

Confirmations ?

>     352130    cut and paste with GNOME doesn't work

indeed. but who cares :]

>     377684    crash in GNOME Commander: cd smb://192.168.115.100

(Is gcmd expected to support this commandline now?)
Until i reinstall Samba some day i can't test it here.
All i can say is that 'cd ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub' says 'Not a directory' (with
active connection)

>     398723    Shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+H (Toggle hidden files ON/OFF) does not

Works here.

>     407418    Changing regex in renaming tool lets gnome-commander crash

Seems to be ok now. (Ha this bug smashing is just a fun !)

Confirmations ?

However, there are rare cases (raqce conditions) when advrename crashes and i
suspect memory issues because i couldn't reproduce another day.

btw. Pity i cannot put $c and the like into that replacing field.

>     459734    umask 002 not being applied for new directories

Seems to work correctly here.

First of all, we should remember that modern shells (at least my bash) do not
create executable textfiles by default. Setting the EORed 'x' bit in umask
would not create executables - the 'x' is only applied to directories.

Example:
With umask 0727 you get something nicely weird:
Files readable  (---  r--  ---),  and folders read/executable (---  r-x  ---),
only by group.
After setting that umask in a terminal, i started gcmd from there via
commandline to test it.
A gcmd commandline 'umask > u' creates a file which contains that value, 0727,
and has permissions ---  r-- --- as expected.  Accordingly, 'mkdir U' creates U
with ---  r-x  ---

As far as i can see it works also correctly with F7 or creating textdocuments
via toolbar button.

Brownies !

>     Debian 438884     wrong device label when switching panels with CTRL+U

I cannot find this bug. The nunber is assigned to Evolution.

Possibly the bug reports the pulldown device list is not updated after Ctrl-U ?
Well...that's true :)

hth