grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Comments and Questions

From: Adrian Moore
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Comments and Questions
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:06:22 -0700

> Ok. In that case, I think the full C# port (bug #6966) is a
> better option. But personally, I'd try to compile Grammatica
> to a .exe with GCC for Java (gcj) under Windows first. That
> might be an easier way to get at what you are really after
> (something not requiring Java to run I guess).

Visual Studio has a great tool for converting Java/J# to C# (not to mention
the languages are so close anyway).  I'd be willing to convert the full
source to C#.  Would it make sense to host this version somewhere else such
as SourceForge?  The project might get more exposure along with other cool
NET apps like NUnit, NAnt, NFit and CruiseControl.NET.

> > 100% VB source code project.  No real advantage.  I'm a VB bigot ;-)
>
> Ok, but I guess Grammatica could support VB anyway. Not too
> much job to implement it... :-)

I've already done this in order to use Grammatica in my VB.NET project.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind working in C#, I just prefer VB.NET when
given a choice.

Ad.