grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Comments and Questions

From: Adrian Moore
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Comments and Questions
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:13:33 -0700

> Yes, it would be very interesting to see! Is it
> "backwards-compatible" (or whatever you call it) with real Java?
Really, really, really close, but not quite.  Since Microsoft didn't fully
implement Vectors in J#, I converted the code to use LinkedListed in order
to lower the number of changes.  I also needed to import some .NET classes
in order to make some things work.

> BTW, I'm working on Linux (using Mono .NET) so Visual Studio
> project files aren't so useful for me.

No problem.  How 'bout a NAnt build file.  I'll include the Visual Studio
project for those who do actually have it.

> I'm no .NET expert, but if I understand correctly the C# source
> code would be perfectly valid to call from VB.NET, right? Did
> you do this just to be able to have a 100% VB source code project?
> Or are there some other advantages?

100% VB source code project.  No real advantage.  I'm a VB bigot ;-)

> > My interest is in parsing SQL syntax.  I noticed a known deficiency is
> > case insensitive support.  I'm going to try to add this based on your
> > comments in the bug.  If I'm successful, I'll contribute the changes.
>
> It would be fantastic if you managed to fix this. Last I
> looked at it, I didn't get any brilliant ideas, so it seemed
> a bit cumbersome to implement. And that was only for string
> (i.e. "blahblah") tokens. For regexp tokens (i.e. <<blahblah>>)
> this will be even trickier to fix... (So don't be discouraged
> if you run into problems!)

It took me a few hours, but I have something working!!  Will provide a
follow on e-mail with more info.

> PS. Adrian, the grammatica-users mailing list requires a
>     subscription to post. Also, you might consider to subscribe
>     in order to get future announcements and similar.

I've subscribed.

BFN
Ad.