LYNX-DEV Re: Multibookmark patch

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Multibookmark patch
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 15:00:32 +0100 (MET)

Filip M Gieszczykiewicz wrote:

> Greetings. Sorry for taking this out of context. I was wondering:
> since you did not object so strongly to my multi-bookmarks patch,
> does that mean that there is even a small sliver of a chance that
> it will make it into official release? I've used the current version
> for a few weeks now and it appears to work well. Some people,
> sys-admins included, complain that if it's not "official" they don't
> want to apply it... so it would greatly help if it was, indeed,
> official. Besides, as long as the user is "Novice" it works just
> like it does now - even "Advanced" has that option... just has
> some room for expansion.
>
> Pretty please? [seriously]

I've looked at the code two revisions ago and I don't know how it looks now,
but here are my objections to that code:

  - having number of multi bookmarks in #define is no good. You were just
    dumping a menu on the screen regardless of screen size.
  - there was no testing of screen width for printing out particular bookmark
    definition. Just dumping it out and hoping that screen width is big
    enough.

There were some others, but I can't remember any more.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden
address@hidden