Re: LYNX-DEV: Even bookmark-files need validation

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: Even bookmark-files need validation
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:40:08 -0800

On Feb 14, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       The bookmark files created by Lynx are not valid HTML.  They
> can be rendered as if they were, but will not validate.  When adding
> bookmarks, a new LI is added at the bottom, and the UL block is not closed.
> The files are not parsed by an SGML parser when removing bookmarks,
> but are scanned by an ad hoc parser.  You can edit them in the sense
> of deleting LI lines, rerordering them, or adding ones yourself IF the
> spacing and casing are identical to ones created by Lynx.

I've found Lynx /somewhat/ forgiving on this, actually - I managed to
share my Mosaic hotlist (complete with Right Button Menu tagging)
without any problems, so long as I don't delete or add while in Lynx.

If I do that, I lose the multiple levels of indents. :(

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

       Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.