Re: LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 11:34:43 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Philip Webb wrote:

> i know others have replied variously: may i repeat my previous request?
> i'm not a sysadmin & install Lynx for my own use only in my own directory.
> most of the  > 1000  lines in the 2 files are irrelevant to users like me:
> eg security, anonymous users, directory editing.
>
> could userdefs & cfg be arranged to present FIRST those options
> which everyone must decide on -- eg numbered links -- ,
> and THEN go on to those which concern sysadmins installing Lynx
> on a multi-user system?

Well, I'd speak for some reorganizing of userdefs.h, too. Things I set in
userdefs.h, and would like to move in front of the file, are
DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE and the domain prefixes/suffixes list.. (Do we agree on
what's important, or shall we end up saying that everything is important
for somebody, so we can't do any reorganization? :-)

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden

;