LYNX-DEV Lynx bug while fetching news group list

From: Jason Castonguay
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug while fetching news group list
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:16:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi there everyone.  I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but I'll tell
my story and let you figure it out <g>.

I run a Linux PC and have Lynx version 2.7.1F running on it.  I connect to
the Internet via modem using PPP.  I issued the following command at the
command prompt: "lynx news://news.ntplx.net";.  It connected properly and
said it was reading list of available news groups.  Over a 28.8 K
connection, this takes a while, so it sat there, receiving the list.
After a while, it suddenly exited, dumping a core and telling me that I
had encountered a bug in Lynx.  However, I tried this again on a shell
account provided by my ISP, and it fetched the list successfully (they're
using lynx version 2.6) and also, theire connection to the news server is
faster.  I'm not sure what there system is, but I'm assuming it is some
kind of sun work station (upon log in, it says "Sunrose system release
4.0), or something to that effect.

I hope this information helps in solving the problem.  Thanks for your
time.

Jason

;
;