Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: 04 Apr 1998 12:26:15 +0200

"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> writes:

|   On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Laura Eaves wrote:
|
|   > Shouldn't language support be made a runtime option?
|
|   Probably should be.

Yes, it should and it could.

|   Implementing this is another story that has been discussed but never
|   coded.  Since Fote pulled messages out into a compile-time module,
|   it is currently the only way.

I don't know this story; any pointers?

Using GNU gettext (from alpha.gnu.org), I've done the NLS (native
language support) for several programs:

    hello - latest alpha version available at
        http://www.suse.de/~ke/hello-1.3.14.tar.gz (200 k).

    texinfo - re-work by Karl Berry.

    wget - re-work by Hrvoje Niksic (version 1.5 coming soon).

I'm not a programmer, but with the help of the gettext manual the i18n
process of a C program is not that difficult.  Saying this, I'll offer
my helping hands.

--
Karl Eichwalder        S.u.S.E. GmbH            Fax        +49-911-3206727
address@hidden             Gebhardtstrasse 2        Mo & Th       13:00-18:00: