Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 and 2.8 refuse to render certain HTML documents
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > header, suffix map, or default assumption.  Since the source toggle
> > isn't used really often, interposing a prompt wouldn't be a terrible
>
> Probably one of the most often pushed keys.

It is in my system :)

> The reason why disk cacheing,
> (not memory cacheing, please), is asked for over and over again.  It's
> a major thread right now.  In the two years + I've been on the list, it's
> been a major battlefield two or three times.

As one of the vocal types over in that thread, my two cents:  I'd be willing
to take an (o)ption to spawn "raw/source" over to an external editor, and
even to have a seperate (o)ption for doing that only if the "rendered" appears
to be text/plain already.  (maybe a lynx.cfg option only;  the (o)ption menu
appears pretty full, and maybe could use redesign - something that probably
won't happen this week :>)

But P-l-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-a-s-e don't insert a prompt there!!  Thanks Henry.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078