Re: lynx-dev problem with tvgen

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with tvgen
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:44:19 -0700

I wrote:
> Laura Eaves wrote:
[...]
> > So could the extra newline in the cookie in the trace log be causing
> > the problem?
[...]
> I believe that is what is causing the problem.

I may have to retract that, based on this from line 607 of LYCookie.c:

                /*
                 *  Check if we should fold the header. - FM
                 */
                if (len > 800) {
                    StrAllocCat(header, crlftab);
                    len = 0;
                }

(This is from the code to send cookies to the server.)

Looks like it is indeed legit to fold the header like that. I wonder if
your problem could be more due to the fact that Lynx is reversing the
order, thus sending the login/pw cookie after all of the other cookies, so
the server parses them in incorrect order.

OtherCookieStuff:

Maximum number of cookies is hardcoded at 50. Do we want to make this user
configurable before 2.8.1? I'd say yes.

--
Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with an international standard?
A: You get someone who makes you an offer that you can't understand!