Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:11:37 -0500 (EST)

981211 Larry Virden wrote:
> Even better we could just show the user the line about to be deleted,
> and ask if it is the correct line they wish to delete. Force a y or n.
> If n is the answer, then tell the user that the file may be in a state
> where the r cannot reliably be used and that the user should consider
> editting %s, where %s expands to the bookmark file in question.

maybe best of all, we could turn the bookmark file into a regular HTML doc,
like the Options & Print screens, when some of the long-standing problems
would disappear.  i've never seen it explained adequately
why the bookmark file has to be so sensitive to changes:
it seems to be yet another primitive feature left over
from Lynx early-development days.