Re: lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:52:01 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Kim DeVaughn said:
> I wouldn't know about elm or cvs, but trn certainly does (or more
> accurately, the Pnews and Rnmail scripts).

Strange.  I have left over .article, .article~, .letter, and .letter~
files.  Then again that is 3.6 on my ISP (I've not built a 4.0 beta in
quite a while).

> | I think trying to deal with backup is too dangerous to even consider.  The
> | idea of "do no harm" should be paramount here.  Automatically deleting a
> | file we did not create ourselves is just too risky.
>
> We did create it.  It's the version of the temp file we created when we
> wrote the textarea data out to disk, so it could be edited.

I'm not talking about deleting the file that Lynx created.  I'm worried
about deleting the BACKUP copy an editor may have created.  I don't think
there should be any attempt to delete THOSE files.  Lynx did not create
those.  Lynx should not try to delete them.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all