Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 14:17:26 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Jan 16 02:08:50 1999
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:01:50 -0600 (CST)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>

<big snip>

> > Maybe only the source will show what is going on.
>
> Or maybe some thinking.  How can Lynx show the title if it
> doesn't know it?  It can't.  So it shows the URL if it doesn't
> know the title.  How does Lynx get to know the title?  Normally
> by parsing the HTML when the document is loaded.  The rest is
> left as an exercise.
>
>    Klaus

Dear Prof Klaus:

  That homework assignment is beyond me.

  Perhaps a few more clues?

  Better yet, just give the answer.

  About what lynx knew or didn't know, I recall (and that's all
   I have to go on, memory from some days ago, not now being
   able to reproduce the problem of the "bad" L-page),
   that I had NO PROBLEM actually CLICKING on the items
   on the page FOR WHICH the L-page was generated.

  Perhaps your clue, whatever it is, will give us a way
  to DUPLICATE that "bad" L-page?

Thanks

Your student,

David