Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:26:32 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Fri Jan 22 16:25:22 1999
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:21:27 -0800 (PST)
>
> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Bela Lubkin wrote:
> >As one of those contributors, I'll make the following additional points:
> >
> >  *)  If you make this change, I won't be contributing any more code.
> >
> >  *)  I will think seriously about having any existing code that traces
> >      back to me *removed* from the source.
>
> Umm, you submitted your code, it was already free-sourced, you can't revoke
> it.

Maybe true, but not "nice" response to a very valid concern.

I hope that the "don't recommend (or even mention?) non-free doc"
isn't part of the LEGAL statement.

Hopefully, is just rms' hope and desire for the way things
actually work out.

Once it becomes LEGALLY part of gnu-thingie, maybe gnu/fsf
will be in trouble from LOTS of software maintainers, not just
lynx.  Maybe then he'll soften his position.

Even the republicans in the senate are raising trial baloons
on stopping this impeachment thing -- they are getting feedback
from the voters!

David