Re: lynx-dev cache control

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cache control
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:02:00 +0100 (BST)

> Ignoring cache-control in some incarnation can be useful not only for lynx -
> so this could be implemented at the proxy level (I don't know, may be squid
> already has the features for ignoring cache control, and anyway, any

Squid does have some such features, which tend to be used by poorly
connected ISPs.  Unfortunately the result is often not what is expected,
e.g. viewing other people's web mail, because the server hasn't included
Cache-Control: private (although a proxy configured to conform wouldn't
have had a problem).