Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_IN

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:27:49 +0400 (MSD)

8-Apr-2000 13:48 Vlad Harchev wrote:
>    May be it would still be better to provide lynx.cfg option to allow
> selecting either of 4 options above since there is no consenus:

> SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INTERUPTED:
>       values are:
> OK             variant 1
> PREVIOUS_OR_OK variant 1a
> DROP          variant 2
> PREVIOUS_OR_DROP variant 3

>  As for default, I propose PREVIOUS_OR_OK.

>  What do you think?

Oh, please no!
No new user option for this exotic (mis)feature.

What would be nice is to add a user prompt
when s/he try switching to source made when the data transfer
happen to be interrupted on the previous stage.

Something like:
"the document was received incomplete,
would you like to reload it from the network? (y/n)"

Hope Klaus will agree with it.