lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 09:42:51 +0900

Hi all,

This is not a grave problem but I found that released
lynx 2.8.3 is a bit peculiar, I think.

At first it is as follows;

nsx: $ ls -l intl/libintl.h intl/libgettext.h
-rw-rw-r--    1 kohda    kohda        5723 Dec 13  1998 intl/libgettext.h
-rw-rw-r--    1 kohda    kohda        5723 Feb 15 13:07 intl/libintl.h

but after compilation it changed as

nsx: $ ls -l intl/libintl.h
lrwxrwxrwx    1 kohda    kohda          22 May 18 10:53 intl/libintl.h ->
.././intl/libgettext.h

and even after "make distclean" it remains the same.

Note makefile in intl directory is as follows;

distclean: clean
        rm -f makefile ID TAGS po2msg.sed po2tbl.sed # libintl.h

Why at first real file libintl.h is changed to link? And if
this is necessary why libintl.h is real file at first?

And why libintl.h is commented out from the list of "rm -f"?

I think that "make distclean" should recover the original source
tree.

In general this might be not the problem but I maintais lynx-ja
package for Debian JP and it is a problem that originally real
file changed to link for Debian's Packaging Method.

Thanks in advance,              2000.5.20

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>