Re: lynx-dev How to find "altURL" in this html/javascript?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to find "altURL" in this html/javascript?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Matt Ackeret wrote:

> >it's like w3m, but with fewer comments and more hardcoded stuff.
>
> Sounds like you're biased against it.  I will admit I'm biased for it,

I certainly have my biases: I'm involved in a number of programs to make
things integrate better.  So I evaluate each on the basis of how much work
would be needed to get to a portable/maintainable state.  I turn on
compiler warnings, look at the types of warnings, run some simple metrics
and see how the numbers go (comments, etc), and make an opinion.  Both w3m
and links are at what I'd call an initial state (not very portable, with
lots of work for someone like me ;-)

> you can also sign up for the links developer mailing list..  It's lower
> volume than the lynx one.

not right now (I'm more likely to pick up an entirely different type of
program than work on a similar one).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com