Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:25:17 +0100 (BST)

> Lynx-dev handles this by inviting all non-subscribers, or subscribers with
> other addresses from which they may post, to sub-scribe to:

That's the wrong way round.  It is important that people who post
to the list are subscribed to the main list, otherwise they are likely
not to receive the replies to their own questions.  The auxiliary list
is only useful for people reading the archives.

> As for the Majordomo 101 in your message, we poor simple moderators are now
> re-sending the messages with all the headers intact.  I personally would
> value direct inquiry into the poster's environment over what's in the

So would I, but plug and play users are very bad at submitting good
reports.

> message headers, but if reading those tea leaves makes you happy, you've
> got 'em.

It doesn't just break reading between the lines, it means you can't
thread properly, you can't filter by sender and you don't have
even the reply all option for ensuring that the sender gets a copy.