Re: lynx-dev HEADS UP! not just spam, now viruses

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev HEADS UP! not just spam, now viruses
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:28:55 +0900 (JST)

> Subject: Re: lynx-dev HEADS UP! not just spam, now viruses
>
> PLEASE ELABORATE -- for those of us don't know much
> if anything about virus-catching.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted.  It was intended as a warning to people
opening their mail on Microsoft Windows with Outlook who did not have
virus protection and who have not updated their software.  Such people
should not open mail simply on the basis of thinking it is safe since it
appears to be from or related to the lynx development list.

| > You could just use a unix mailer like pine (or PC-Pine for Windows.).
| > I'm using a spam filter (bmf) in addition, a how-to for setting it
|
| > not me: my machine can't catch M$ viruses, worms or whatever,
| > tho' i regularly catch Klezes in my homemade spam filter

I suppose this is the case for most members of lynx-dev (myself included).
I assumed that people on un*x platforms or aware of the Klez virus would
simply have ignored my post.  Please direct further discussion directly to
me, not to the list.  Thank you.  Sorry to have bothered everyone.

__Henry