Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:11:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Bryan Henderson wrote:

OK, here's the typescript, made printable.

This is an initial invocation of Lynx (you see the echo of my shell
command), followed by one page-down.  I chopped off the end to make
the email smaller.

The first line on the second page is "creates an EXIF image...", so that's
about where Lynx starts drawing the screen in question.

The area that is supposed to be blank is to the left of the line
"This option specifies" and the lines that follow it.

So what are those characters trying to do?  Is there something there
that should blank out the 1st 10 positions of these lines?

Yes - the \E[1K and \E[K are erasures.

\E[8;11HThis option specifies that the output image is to be EXIF (a

move to row 8, column 11 and write some text

\E[9;10H

move to row 9, column 10

\E[1K subformat of JFIF), i.e. it will have an EXIF header as a JFIF

erase to the beginning of the line,
and write some text (still on column 10).

\E[10;11HAPP1 marker. The contents of that marker are the contents of
\E[11;10H
\E[1K the specified file. The special value

again, erasing the first 10 columns

It sounds as if el1 in Emacs' terminal doesn't work.

(I looked at your trace also for \t tab characters, but didn't notice any)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net