Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:04:34 -0400

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 02:53:09PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:18:28 -0500 (EST), Stef Caunter wrote:
>
> > I get '<<<>>>' also (FreeBSD 5.3), reminds of navigation arrows, but I have
> > seen it before, just not on a plain --with-ssl compile.
>
> Ah, navigation arrows!  Yes, I can navigate with mouse click.
> So this a feature of lynx and not a problem at all.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> But then, it might be a problem that I can't see "<<<" but
> only white rectangle on kterm?

That is an error in the kterm terminfo.  I investigated that last night
and added it to my ncurses fixes.

> And I found another problem with comparing kterm and uxterm.
>
> On kterm, I saw two help lines (I don't know the correct term)
> in the bottom of the window but on uxterm I saw only one line
> containing [H]elp [O]ptions... (i.e. the second line only).

I don't see this happening using ja_JP.EUC-JP for a quick check.
Perhaps it depends on the particular page used (a url would help).
Or perhaps my configure options differ - I turn most of them on:

        --disable-internal-links \
        --enable-8bit-toupper \
        --enable-alt-bindings \
        --enable-cgi-links \