Re: [Lynx-dev] redirection loop

From: sylvain . bertrand
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] redirection loop
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 04:11:53 +0000

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 10:58:22PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Speaking personally, I do not feel it is Lynx, although I am not using your
> specific system.
> Instead, if you are using the specific link you provided in your second
> e-mail  I am feeling other things may be  the issue.
> is your cookie being recognized, all of the ssl keys accepted?
> what error is your support team getting when you try?
> what are the specifics of the redirect, in terms of what is missing from
> when  you are successful in links?
> challenging for us to duplicate the issue, we have no account with this
> company.
> Links and lynx are different programs though, but it does not necessarily
> follow that success with one means  a failure with the other lies entirely
> with the browser itself.
> Kare

The ssl certificates are verified. I have no warning whatsoever with the
cookies (but, as another issue, google.com is sending invalid cookies to lynx,
which is complaining).

I guess, I will have to trace the redirections in lynx and links and compare...
I did an act of faith, namely I expected this pb to be already known, which I
should presume it's not.

--
Sylvain