[Monotone-devel] checksum errors with netsync (was Re: Monotone and RCS

From: Chris Fox
Subject: [Monotone-devel] checksum errors with netsync (was Re: Monotone and RCS import)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:29:39 +0000

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 05:28:14PM -0500, graydon hoare wrote:
> Chris Fox wrote:
>
> >resolving name www.off.net
> >IP sync lookup returned status 60
>
> this is an server failure error code returned from adns. for some reason
> it doesn't like your DNS setup.

OK.

> this is actually a bit of a sticky point. I put in adns in order to
> avoid depending on glibc name config functions, which are not statically
> linkable. unfortunately it means that a name lookup which works for
> something like ping might -- depending on your name service config --
> not work on monotone's fetch function. probably I ought to stop being
> cute and just accept what glibc has to offer, and remove adns. *sigh*.
> meantime, the you can probably use netsync since it doesn't use adns.
> try this:
>
> monotone pull --key="" off.net net.venge.monotone
>
> that should anonymously pull the recent development head(s) using the
> new netsync protocol. I am seriously considering making it the only
> protocol in the near future, as the others seem to be more trouble than
> they are worth.
>
> -graydon

Thanks, with netsync I appear to get a connection :)
but I get checksum errors :(

Chris

address@hidden Monotone]$ monotone --verbose --db=monotone.db pull
--key="" off.net net.venge.monotone
monotone: skipping nonexistent rcfile '/home/foxcj/.monotonerc'
monotone: skipping nonexistent rcfile 'MT/monotonerc'
monotone: executing pull command
monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
monotone: db.execute("BEGIN")
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
monotone: db.execute("DELETE FROM merkle_nodes WHERE type = 'mcert'
AND collection = 'net.ve ...")
monotone: db.execute("INSERT OR REPLACE INTO merkle_nodes VALUES
('mcert', 'net.venge.monoto ...")
monotone: db.execute("DELETE FROM merkle_nodes WHERE type = 'fcert'
AND collection = 'net.ve ...")
monotone: db.execute("INSERT OR REPLACE INTO merkle_nodes VALUES
('fcert', 'net.venge.monoto ...")
monotone: db.execute("DELETE FROM merkle_nodes WHERE type = 'key' AND
collection = 'net.veng ...")
monotone: db.execute("INSERT OR REPLACE INTO merkle_nodes VALUES
('key', 'net.venge.monotone ...")
monotone: db.fetch("SELECT id, name, value, keypair, signature FROM
'manifest_certs' WHERE name = 'branch'")
monotone: db.execute("COMMIT")
monotone: db.fetch("SELECT id, name, value, keypair, signature FROM
'manifest_certs' WHERE name = 'branch'")
monotone: connecting to off.net
monotone: read 47 bytes from fd 5 (peer off.net)
monotone: warning: caught bad_decode exception decoding input from
peer off.net: 'bad checksum 0xb37114ec vs. 0xa071fbec'
address@hidden Monotone]$

--
Dr Chris Fox  <address@hidden>             Tel: +44 (0)1206 87 2576
Reader in Computer Science                    Fax: +44 (0)870 054 7770