[Monotone-devel] Re: checksum errors with netsync (was Re: Monotone and

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: checksum errors with netsync (was Re: Monotone and RCS import)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:47:02 -0500

Chris Fox wrote:

Thanks, with netsync I appear to get a connection :)
but I get checksum errors :(

ah yes, you are in an unfortunate position there, needing to rely on 0.10's netsync to update yourself, when 0.10 was the "shake bugs out of netsync" release. we corrected the checksum algorithm (it was ambiguous in 0.10 wrt. different char signednesses, didn't work on ppc) but of course it's no help to you since you can't *get* that update :)

anyways, this is getting silly. I've generated a patch for you from the 0.10 release tag. you can just wget this and apply it with "patch".

  http://www.off.net/~graydon/patch-for-chris-fox.bz2

sorry for the confusion.

-graydon