[Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files
Date: 19 Jan 2005 15:41:00 +0100

Hi,

currently, the build system rebuilds the monotone binary
every time you say "make" because it regenerates the
package_full_revision.txt file even though nothing has
changed.

The problem I see is that I run "make" under my normal user,
then I switch to superuser and say "make install". Thus, I
end up recompiling a part of the software as 'root' and I
also end up with ownership of the files in the directory
mixed up because of that.

Is it possible to get this fixed so that the file is only
regenerated when something has actually changed?

Peter