[Monotone-devel] Re: thought on hierarchical branches

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: thought on hierarchical branches
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:00:25 +0100

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Regardless, the current plan for making branch renaming, branch
> metadata, delegated permissions, removing the global name
> requirement, etc., all work, involves the scheme described on that
> wiki page -- which requires that branches have file-name-like names.
> So you may want to speak up about that :-).

It feels wrong to use "/" both in branch names and as separators in
selectors.  No idea whether that actually causes any problem, it just
feels wrong.

I guess I'd feel happier if there were some defined quoting mechanism
that would permit a user interface to provide selectors and know
exactly what they were providing.  That ought to be easy enough to do.