[Monotone-devel] Re: thought on hierarchical branches

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: thought on hierarchical branches
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:34:30 +0100

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Bruce Stephens schrieb:
>> It feels wrong to use "/" both in branch names and as separators in
>> selectors.  No idea whether that actually causes any problem, it just
>> feels wrong.
>
> Whether or not it feels wrong for you (I don't like that either),
> however current mtn allows you to create such branches:

Sure, I know.  There's a difference in not preventing people from
doing something a bit iffy (something that might lead to ambiguities)
and requiring people to do it, which is what the VersionedPolicy thing
is proposing (as I understand it).

And I'm not really saying it's any problem.  Just that it might be
useful to offer a way to quote things so that people (and especially
tools) can provide selectors unambiguously.

[...]