Re: [Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone 0.29

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone 0.29
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:52:14 +1000

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 10:33:51PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> >(And I don't agree with the general statement of that page:
> >there are lot's of systems around where dynamic linking is not
> >available, and they work fine anyway.  But that's offtopic here.
>
> Drepper is notorious for ignoring all systems other than Linux with
> GNU libc.

Some of us are notorious for ignoring systems that are Linux with GNU
libc.  On a significant number of systems that aren't Linux with GNU
libc, monotone and its dependencies can be built easily with pkgsrc
(www.pkgsrc.org), either static or dynamic depending on platform
capabilities and conventions.

And, of course also on Linux with GNU libc, if you really must. :-)

--
Dan.