Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug Hunt Day

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug Hunt Day
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:03:47 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:58:28 -0400, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> >        http://doodle.com/f7wc8cqxz7d6kumx
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> That's a nice tool. Amazing what is out there!
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> I guess we'll need a mechanism for assigning bugs to people, so
we don't
stephen_leake> duplicate efforts. That could be as simple as announcing "I'm
working on
stephen_leake> bug x" on the chat line, but something with a little more
accessible
stephen_leake> history would be nice, so someone joining late can tell what's
already
stephen_leake> being worked.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> Is there an online editable wiki we can use?
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> Or maybe an hourly email, with one person keeping track of who is
stephen_leake> working on what. Along with a current score of who has closed
the most
stephen_leake> bugs, just to keep the competition going :).
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> Ah; we can post comments on the bug via the Savannah web page
(if you
stephen_leake> have a Savannah account), or via email. That should be
sufficient.
stephen_leake> Although that makes it hard to look for the next available bug;
you have
stephen_leake> to view each one.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> Or we could just assign a range of bug numbers to each person a
priori,
stephen_leake> but that's not likely to be very efficient.

Or grab ownership of the bugs that grab ya?  Isn't that possible?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/