om-synth

[Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Antonio
Subject: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:00:57 +0200

Hi to the list,

I want to do my sincere thanks to the developer/s of this wonderful
synth (om) and this innovative patch bay (patchage). I like them a lot,
and I hope they will become one of my favourite instrument in the
linux-audio world.

Now let me to do some questions :). I've installed lash, dssi, om,
patchage and whysynth (for all of them I've used the latest tarball, no
the cvs) on my Debian testing/unstable system. As you can understand I'm
new to those programs, so excuse me if I do some trivial question. I'm
beginning to play with them but I have some problem.

1) In om_gtk, when I create a new patch, how can I add a dssi plugin?
Using the menu Add-> Plugin... I see only the internal om plugins and
the ladspa plugins, no dssi plugin is listed. I want to use whyshynth
through om ;-).

2) I've downloaded the patches from Lars Luthman's site and they mostly
don't work. I've installed all the ladspa plugins present in debian. I
think the problem is with the slide sub-patch. How can I tell om to be
aware of this new patch so it can be loaded when needed? (I hope I am
been clear enough).

3) If I launch whysynth with jack-dssi-host, I can't see in patchage the
midi input (I mean, there's no green box on the whysynth box). There is
something I can do to made the midi connection?

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,

  ~ Antonio