om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Antonio
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:19:25 +0200

Hi,

2005/10/19, elgrande <address@hidden>:

> >1) In om_gtk, when I create a new patch, how can I add a dssi plugin?
> >Using the menu Add-> Plugin... I see only the internal om plugins and
> >the ladspa plugins, no dssi plugin is listed. I want to use whyshynth
> >through om ;-).
> >

> Has dssi been installed at compile time?

Yes. The configure script find dssi and the support is enabled as
default if dssi is present.

> >2) I've downloaded the patches from Lars Luthman's site and they mostly
> >don't work. I've installed all the ladspa plugins present in debian. I
> >think the problem is with the slide sub-patch. How can I tell om to be
> >aware of this new patch so it can be loaded when needed? (I hope I am
> >been clear enough).
> >
> http://atte.dk/om-wiki/GettingPlugins
>
> But that still does not seem to be enough.. :-(

I've installed the few missing ladspa plugins (those not in debian)
and I still get the same error while loading Lars Luthman's patches.
For example:

  ERROR: Unable to load node /Sugar/slide_ta_0 (you're missing the plugin
  "slide_2741.so:slide_ta")

for the flatsugar.om patch. But I get similar errors for the others patches.

> >3) If I launch whysynth with jack-dssi-host, I can't see in patchage the
> >midi input (I mean, there's no green box on the whysynth box). There is
> >something I can do to made the midi connection?
> >

> No idea...

Ok, will see if some other has any hit on this.

Many thanks for the answer.

Best Regards,

  ~ Antonio