om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:42:17 +1000

On Sun, 2005-23-10 at 16:55 +0200, Antonio wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> 2005/10/20, Dave Robillard <address@hidden>:
> [cut]
> > >
> > > The port exist. I can connect my midi keyboard to the whysynth midi
> > > input via qjackctl or aconnect.
> >
> > Hm.  I guess I'll have to get whysynth one of these days and check it
> > out.  Seems /very/ strange that xsynth works but whysynth doesn't.
>
> I've done some other tries and I've found that the problem is that I
> can't never see in patchage the midi input port on a dssi synth (tried
> with hexter and with whysynth), loadong the plugin with jack-dssi-host
> or with ghostess.
>
> Hope this can help to find the problem. If you need some other
> information or testing just ask.

There's nothing special about jack-dssi-host or ghostess.. Patchage
certainly doesn't know that they're DSSI plugin hosts (or even what a
DSSI plugin is).  This doesn't really make sense.

Are you sure the MIDI port didn't just end up on a seperate module?
That will happen if the app sets a different name for it's alsa client
than it's jack client.

-DR-